Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ryan Connolly <ry...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/02 18:05:44 UTC

Release Hanging while building assembly

Hi folks,
     I've run into a strange issue while releasing a new project and I'm
hoping someone may know what I might do to resolve it.  I'm using the
m-assembly-p to create tar.gz, tar.bz2, and zip distributions.  Everything
is working as it should (all artifacts are being built) until it comes time
to run release:perform at which point the entire build just hangs
indefinitely while building the tar.bz2 archive.  If I remove this format
from my assembly.xml it no longer hangs and the release completes.

I've removed the tar.bz2 format for now and as I do not have an immediate
need to generate it, this is not a huge issue (for me).  I just thought I
should point it out just in case someone knew what was going on and if not,
I could file a jira if need be.

Thanks,
-Ryan