Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Steve Buroff <sj...@lucent.com> on 2001/03/13 16:00:33 UTC

xerces and JAXP disagree

In xerces 1.3.0, the class
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory
has a method setIgnoreElementContentWhitespace(boolean).

In JAXP 1.1, the same class has the method
setIgnoringElementContentWhitespace(boolean). Note:
"ignoring" instead
of "ignore". Shouldn't they be the same? Which one is
"right"? Thanks.

Steve Buroff

RE: xerces and JAXP disagree

Posted by Steve Buroff <sj...@lucent.com>.
Great - so that means it should be fixed in the
next binary release. Thanks much.

Steve

> In xerces 1.3.0, the class javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory
> has a method setIgnoreElementContentWhitespace(boolean).
>
> In JAXP 1.1, the same class has the method
> setIgnoringElementContentWhitespace(boolean). Note: "ignoring" instead
> of "ignore". Shouldn't they be the same? Which one is "right"? Thanks.

It has been fixed by Edwin Goei (in CVS) in the beginning of Feb..
Elena

Re: xerces and JAXP disagree

Posted by Elena Litani <hl...@jtcsv.com>.

RE: xerces and JAXP disagree

Posted by Steve Buroff <sj...@lucent.com>.
Ok - thanks. Hope xerces fixes it soon. Otherwise,
I'll have code around that will break whenever they
eventually do.

Steve

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Steve Buroff wrote:

> In xerces 1.3.0, the class
> javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory
> has a method setIgnoreElementContentWhitespace(boolean).
>
> In JAXP 1.1, the same class has the method
> setIgnoringElementContentWhitespace(boolean). Note:
> "ignoring" instead
> of "ignore". Shouldn't they be the same? Which one is
> "right"? Thanks.

Since Xerces is supposed to implement the JAXP API, I'd guess Sun is right
and Xerces is wrong.

Ian

--
Ian Roberts, Software Engineer        DecisionSoft Ltd.
tel: +44-1865-203192                  http://www.decisionsoft.com

Re: xerces and JAXP disagree

Posted by Ian Roberts <ir...@decisionsoft.com>.