Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Carlos Cruz <ca...@nbtbizcapital.com> on 2013/06/21 17:50:34 UTC

Looking for help with crossdomain issues

Hi;

Can someone give some insight or help with some cross domain issues. I'm
trying to run a Flex app that is running in my development system, the Flex
app tries to call a Java class in another server. So far not successfully.

I have tried using Apache on the remote server listening on port 843 to
serve the crossdoamin.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM
"http://www.adobe.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">

<cross-domain-policy>

                <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies='all'/>

               <allow-access-from domain='*' to-ports='*' secure='false'/>

                <allow-http-request-headers-from domain='*' headers='*'
secure='false' />

</cross-domain-policy>

I have also tried using the Flash Socket Policy Server "socketpolicy.pl"
also on the remote server and also unsuccessfully.

when I run my Flex app this is the message I get:

Warning: Failed to load policy file from
https://192.168.3.41:8443/crossdomain.xml

*** Security Sandbox Violation ***

Connection to https://192.168.3.41:8443/blazeds/messagebroker/my-secure-amf
halted - not permitted from
http://192.168.3.11/applications/CruzControlUrBusiness/CruzControlUrBusiness
.swf

Error: Request for resource at
https://192.168.3.41:8443/blazeds/messagebroker/my-secure-amf by requestor
from
http://192.168.3.11/applications/CruzControlUrBusiness/CruzControlUrBusiness
.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/4 is denied due to lack of policy file permissions.

Eventually the app will be called from a public IP, but the Java server will
be the same.

Thanks for any help!!!

Re: Looking for help with crossdomain issues

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

are you testing from a local swf? I had a similar problem and added

	<allow-access-from domain="localhost" to-ports="*"/>

It seems that "localhost" is not covered by *.

Maybe, this helps.

Greetings

Marcus

Posted by Carlos Cruz <ca...@nbtbizcapital.com>.
thanks for the input... but that wasn't the issue... I don't know enough
about networks to say why, but for some reason the requests on port 843 are
not getting through.

So I gave up and I installed the Flex application on the same server as the
other application.

Again thanks for the input!!
Carlos

Oh I see you load the xml from https. Is the flex app also on https?

Maybe that is the problem.

Maybe you should take a look at

Security.allowDomain();
Security.allowInsecureDomain();

Posted by dineshb <di...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,
 How did you fixed this issue? I am getting similar issue in my application.

Thnx
Dinesh,

Re: Looking for help with crossdomain issues

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.