Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net> on 2007/12/20 20:20:06 UTC

User Documentation Index

Hi folks,

I've added two documentation indices to our website in SVN.
The changes should be picked up next time Oleg deploys the
site. Oleg, please make sure to run "mvn clean", so the
change to the navigation is picked up by all pages on the
main site.

The User Documentation Index points to some FAQs and the
Primer in the Wiki, to the JavaDocs on the website, and
to the Guides on the 3.1 site. This should go a long way
to fix the crude hierarchical navigation with collapsed
subsections that Maven generates by default.

I've also put in a Developer Documentation Index, but that
is only a dummy for now. We don't have that much developer
documentation. I'm not sure whether we should also have
a PMC documentation index eventually. Release Process
descriptions can just as well be linked from the Dev index,
and our bylaws won't be that extensive. We'll see.

cheers,
  Roland