Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by callagc4 <ca...@fineos.com> on 2008/02/23 13:59:55 UTC

MTOM defintition in wsdl

Hi,

I am trying to define a simple service which will simply send binary data. I
will to use MTOM with Axis2. I have read the documentation at
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_3/mtom-guide.html. This states two approaches
to defining the xsd schema type for an MTOM element:

1) Quote from documentation :
You can define a binary element in the schema using the schema
type="xsd:base64Binary". Having an element with the type "xsd:base64Binary"
is enough for the Axis2 code generators to identify possible MTOM
attachments, and to generate code accordingly.

I have defined this in my schema but when i have generated the code Axis2
does not seem to have generated appropriate code for the type. I have set
the enableMTOM property on the client but when the message is sent it is
sent as a standard soap message with the base64binary information sent
within the message instead of as an MTOM attachment. On debugging the client
send, when i create the envelope and add the binary element it calls the
optimizeContent() method to check if the type should be sent at optimized
content, however the opNameArray on the stub is null and so it is not
flagged for optimization.

Is this an issue with the generator? Why does it not add the qname of my
binary element to the opNameArray?

2) the second approach outlined in the documentation states:
Going a little further, you can use the xmime schema
(http://www.w3.org/2005/05/xmlmime) to describe the binary content more
precisely

However this requires import the http://www.w3.org/2005/05/xmlmime namespace
which fails inside our firewall with the following exception:

Retrieving schema at 'http://www.w3.org/2005/05/xmlmime', relative to
'file:/E:/Sandboxes/ProductServices-220208/src/com/fineos/frontoffice/documentproduction/DocumentProductionOperationsXSD/DocumentProductionOperations.xsd'.
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException: Error parsing WSDL
	at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerationEngine.java:150)
	at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)
	at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)
Caused by: javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException (at
/wsdl:definitions/wsdl:types/xsd:schema/xsd:schema): faultCode=OTHER_ERROR:
An error occurred trying to resolve schema referenced at
'http://www.w3.org/2005/05/xmlmime', relative to
'file:/E:/Sandboxes/ProductServices-220208/src/com/fineos/frontoffice/documentproduction/DocumentProductionOperationsXSD/DocumentProductionOperations.xsd'.:
java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host: connect
	at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseSchema(Unknown Source)
	at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseSchema(Unknown Source)
	at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseSchema(Unknown Source)
	at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseTypes(Unknown Source)
	at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseDefinitions(Unknown Source)
	at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
	at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
	at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.readInTheWSDLFile(CodeGenerationEngine.java:286)
	at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerationEngine.java:105)
	... 2 more
Caused by: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host: connect
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
	at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:157)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:382)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:509)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:231)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:304)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:316)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:817)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:769)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:694)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:938)
	at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1007)
	at com.ibm.wsdl.util.StringUtils.getContentAsInputStream(Unknown Source)
	... 12 more

wsdl def:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"

xmlns:operationtypes="http://www.fineos.com/frontoffice/documentproduction/operationtypes"
	xmlns:soap12="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap12/"
	xmlns:http="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/"
	xmlns:wsaw="http://www.w3.org/2006/05/addressing/wsdl"

targetNamespace="http://www.fineos.com/frontoffice/documentproduction/operationtypes">
    <wsdl:types>
		<xsd:schema
targetNamespace="http://www.fineos.com/frontoffice/documentproduction/operationtypes">
	    	<xsd:include
schemaLocation="../../documentproduction/DocumentProductionOperationsXSD/DocumentProductionOperations.xsd"/>
		</xsd:schema>
    </wsdl:types>
    <wsdl:message name="uploadFileRequest">
        <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="operationtypes:uploadFile"/>
    </wsdl:message>
    <wsdl:message name="uploadFileResponse">
        <wsdl:part name="parameters"
element="operationtypes:uploadFileResponse"/>
    </wsdl:message>
    <wsdl:portType name="DocProdServicesPortType">
        <wsdl:operation name="uploadFile">
            <wsdl:input message="operationtypes:uploadFileRequest"
wsaw:Action="urn:uploadFile"/>
            <wsdl:output message="operationtypes:uploadFileResponse"
wsaw:Action="urn:uploadFileResponse"/>
        </wsdl:operation>
    </wsdl:portType>
    <wsdl:binding name="DocProdServicesSOAP11Binding"
type="operationtypes:DocProdServicesPortType">
        <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
style="document"/>
        <wsdl:operation name="uploadFile">
            <soap:operation soapAction="urn:uploadFile" style="document"/>
            <wsdl:input>
                <soap:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:input>
            <wsdl:output>
                <soap:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:output>
        </wsdl:operation>
    </wsdl:binding>
    <wsdl:binding name="DocProdServicesSOAP12Binding"
type="operationtypes:DocProdServicesPortType">
        <wsdl:operation name="uploadFile">
            <soap12:operation soapAction="urn:uploadFile" style="document"/>
            <wsdl:input>
                <soap12:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:input>
            <wsdl:output>
                <soap12:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:output>
        </wsdl:operation>
    </wsdl:binding>
    <wsdl:binding name="DocProdServicesHttpBinding"
type="operationtypes:DocProdServicesPortType">
        <http:binding verb="POST"/>
        <wsdl:operation name="uploadFile">
            <http:operation location="DocProdServices/uploadFile"/>
            <wsdl:input>
                <mime:content type="text/xml" part="uploadFile"/>
            </wsdl:input>
            <wsdl:output>
                <mime:content type="text/xml" part="uploadFile"/>
            </wsdl:output>
        </wsdl:operation>
    </wsdl:binding>
    <wsdl:service name="DocProdServices">
        <wsdl:port name="DocProdServicesSOAP11port_http"
binding="operationtypes:DocProdServicesSOAP11Binding">
            <soap:address
location="http://localhost:8080/axis2/service/DocProdServices"/>
        </wsdl:port>
        <wsdl:port name="DocProdServicesSOAP12port_http"
binding="operationtypes:DocProdServicesSOAP12Binding">
            <soap12:address
location="http://localhost:8080/axis2/service/DocProdServices"/>
        </wsdl:port>
        <wsdl:port name="DocProdServicesHttpport"
binding="operationtypes:DocProdServicesHttpBinding">
            <http:address
location="http://localhost:8080/axis2/service/DocProdServices"/>
        </wsdl:port>
    </wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

xsd def:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="unqualified"

targetNamespace="http://www.fineos.com/frontoffice/documentproduction/operationtypes">

     <xsd:element name="uploadFile">
        <xsd:complexType>
            <xsd:sequence>
                <xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="encodedFile"
nillable="true" type="xsd:base64Binary" />
                <xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="parentDirName"
nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
            </xsd:sequence>
        </xsd:complexType>
    </xsd:element>
     <xsd:element name="uploadFileResponse">
        <xsd:complexType>
            <xsd:sequence>
                <xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="return" nillable="true"
type="xsd:string" />
            </xsd:sequence>
        </xsd:complexType>
    </xsd:element>
</xsd:schema>

Any help you be appreciated

Thanks,
Cathal

Re: MTOM defintition in wsdl

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cathal,
I'm not sure whether jaxbri data binding supports MTOM.. Is the JMS
use case you are talking about is a different one.. For a fact I know
that there are systems like Apache Synapse which uses JMS with MTOM.
But again I don't know how whether it'll couple with DataBinding..

Sorry for not being able to provide any useful feedback.. I think its
better to send two mails with different subjects like "MTOM with
JaxBRI??" and "MTOM with JMS". I'm sure people with experience in
those areas will step in to give you some help..

thanks,
Thilina

Re: MTOM defintition in wsdl

Posted by callagc4 <ca...@fineos.com>.