Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jimmy Yu <jy...@kstc.konicabt.com> on 2004/01/27 21:25:40 UTC

importNode()

Hello,

I am at a lost as to why my importNode doesn't seem to work...
This is a snippet of my code... Using version 2_4_0 and VC++ 6.0
my variable doc is currently global, will later be changed to member
in my class.

node = (DOMNode*)doc->getDocumentElement();
element = (DOMElement*)dn;
list = de->getElementsByTagName(feature);
count = list->getLength();
cout << "count is " << count << endl; // displays correct #

replace(DOMNode* newnode); // update/replace the old node with a new node.
                                            // function does not report any error or exception.

node = (DOMNode*)doc->getDocumentElement();
element = (DOMElement*)dn;
list = de->getElementsByTagName(feature);
count = list->getLength();
cout << "count is " << count << endl; // displays one less why??

my second question is, if I change my second getDocumentElement()
to getFirstChild() my program will crash, anyone have an idea why
that is happening also?

Thanks in advance.
-- Jimmy
Taxes and golf are alike, you drive your heart out for the
green, and then end up in the hole. - Source unknown

Re: importNode()

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@progress.com>.
Hi Jimmy,
unfortunately the snippet you posted is insufficient to understand what you
want to do; for instance, you say that you have a problem with
importNode(), but this function is never used in the code.
Also, you use variables like "dn" and "de", but I can only guess you are
referring to "node" and "element".
And finally, the replace() function seems to do some work, but we don't see
what it does nor with which arguments it is invoked.

Alberto