Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <DH...@schubergphilis.com> on 2013/06/12 21:51:36 UTC

tests for projects

LS,

When I look at engine-schema I don't see a test source folder. Is this because tests for db objects are not done or because this code should go somewhere else, or maybe because there are no tests yet and should go and make some?

Thanks,
Daan Hoogland

RE: tests for projects

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
Dan,

It's tough to write unit tests for engine-schema because the requirement is for all unit tests to work without a DB so testing DB access without a DB is kinda useless.

The tests themselves probably won't be very interesting anyways.  All of the classes are actually based off one class, GenericDaoBase, which does most of the SQL generation.

There may have been some tests and I may have left them in the server directory when I pulled together the engine-schema directory a couple of months ago.

--Alex