Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Bruno Antunes <br...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/14 13:04:53 UTC

TCP Sampler: Skip read response

Is there some way to configure the TCP Samplers that come with JMeter to
completely skip read response (reading from OutputStream)?

Current implementation as of version 2.10, after writing something it waits
for a response, reading data until the defined EOL byte is reached, or If
there is no EOL byte defined, it reads until the end of the stream is
reached.

Resources:
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#TCP_Sampler

best regards,
--
Bruno Antunes
Java Software Engineer

Re: TCP Sampler: Skip read response

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 15 November 2013 15:02, Bruno Antunes <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am performing load on a server that has this behaviour. The clients only
> perform writings and do not expect nothing in return (there is nothing to
> read)
>
> If we try to read something from output stream, there is nothing there; it
> will block until some timeout happens; that's what's happening when i use
> the TCP Samplers from JMeter. There is no eol byte, no end of stream,
> nothing!
>
> Reusing existing samplers on JMeter, I have implemented a new sampler that
> simple extends the TCP Sampler implementation from JMeter  overriding the
> read operation/method in order to skip read on the OutputStream. This works
> with the server I am performing load testing.
>
> We could have some option for TCP Sampler base implementation that comes
> with JMeter in order to skip the read on OuputStream.

This does not seem worth the effort unless there are other use cases
for the behaviour.

Also, as you have indicated, it's quite easy to create ones own
sampler that provides the required behaviour.

Posted by Bruno Antunes <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 黄吉浩 <13...@163.com>.