Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by fenbers <Ma...@noaa.gov> on 2011/01/05 15:09:23 UTC

Log interpretation

The AMQ log shows lots of stuff (33MB in about 6 hours) but most of it
comprises of this error:

YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS,ddd | WARN | Duplicate message add attempt rejected.
Message id: myhostname-59695-1291947282050-0:1:1:1:513 |
org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase | ActiveMQ Transport:
tcp:///165.92.xx.xx:34201

This message means very little to me, although the 513 increments with each
log entry.  Is the 59695 number the process ID?  Or what is the 34201
number? Or is that just a port for the protocol?  What's the 0:1:1:1: mean?
The text would seem to imply that I'm trying to submit the same message
repeatedly to the broker, but I haven't found where I could be doing this...
I could know more if the log reported what the repeated message was, but it
doesn't, unfortunately.  Any ideas or help with understanding the log
message would be appreciated!

Mark