Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org> on 2017/09/04 07:02:45 UTC

Committer map

Hi,

We used to have a map view of those committers who had been willing to share their location linked under people.Apache.org - for me that map always came in handy when travelling to reach out to local ppl. Right now the map seems to be offline. Does anyone know who I need to get in touch with to figure out if there are any plans to get it back online?

Isabel

Re: Committer map

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 09/04/2017 10:53 AM, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Sep 2017, Isabel Drost-Fromm wrote:
>> We used to have a map view of those committers who had been willing to
>> share their location linked under people.Apache.org - for me that map
>> always came in handy when travelling to reach out to local ppl. Right
>> now the map seems to be offline.
>
> It should be at http://community.zones.apache.org/ but I can't seem to
> get it to respond right now, neither to http nor ssh
>
> (There had been talk of puppetising it, or moving it to another box, but
> IIRC both of those are with infra following documenting [1] of
> everything needed to install and run it)
>
>> Does anyone know who I need to get in touch with to figure out if
>> there are any plans to get it back online?
>
> We probably need infra to prod the box back into life, and/or follow the
> instructions to pop it on a new box

We have a new VM set up, community-vm.apache.org.
You (Nick) should have access and sudo on it (once you do the OPIE dance).
Feel free to poke around and set up things.
We'll be using LE for the HTTPS Cert, and likely gunicorn instead of
mod_wsgi (should be trivial to start up).

Lemme know how things progress, and I can tweak the httpd config in
puppet as needed.

Re: Committer map

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 09/04/2017 10:53 AM, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Sep 2017, Isabel Drost-Fromm wrote:
>> We used to have a map view of those committers who had been willing to
>> share their location linked under people.Apache.org - for me that map
>> always came in handy when travelling to reach out to local ppl. Right
>> now the map seems to be offline.
>
> It should be at http://community.zones.apache.org/ but I can't seem to
> get it to respond right now, neither to http nor ssh
>
> (There had been talk of puppetising it, or moving it to another box, but
> IIRC both of those are with infra following documenting [1] of
> everything needed to install and run it)
>
>> Does anyone know who I need to get in touch with to figure out if
>> there are any plans to get it back online?
>
> We probably need infra to prod the box back into life, and/or follow the
> instructions to pop it on a new box
>
> Nick
>
> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/nearby_people/installation.txt

I think we have a ticket on that. Let's get a new box set up in the next
day or two.

Re: Committer map

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.