Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Shay Seng <sh...@1618labs.com> on 2014/01/03 21:11:45 UTC

What version of protobuf should I be using?

Hi.

I'm using Spark 0.8.0 and launching a AWS cluster using spark-ec2 script.

Typically I can launch spark-shell with no problem. However if I add
protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar to my spark-classpath, I am not able to launch
spark - the workers fail to connect and spark-shell quits.

If I do not add protobuf-java-2.5.0 to my path, I am unable to create a
newBuilder for my proto...

??
shay

Re: What version of protobuf should I be using?

Posted by Shay Seng <sh...@1618labs.com>.
Thanks for the reply, I figured that out with a little searching too.

Posted by Michael Murray <mm...@gmail.com>.