Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/13 07:41:32 UTC

Please publish the incubator website, when did changes

Hi folks,

from time to time I publish the website. Usually I check the diff
first, and it happens that I see changes which I didn't include. I am
then required to make a quick cross check and see if they are ok.

It would be better if the person who pushed a change (most often the
status page) would also publish the website right after. Otherwise the
next publisher will never knew if publication is desired or not.

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: Please publish the incubator website, when did changes

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Nice. Thanks!

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Please publish the incubator website, when did changes

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.

<gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> from time to time I publish the website. Usually I check the diff
> first, and it happens that I see changes which I didn't include. I am
> then required to make a quick cross check and see if they are ok.
>
> It would be better if the person who pushed a change (most often the
> status page) would also publish the website right after. Otherwise the
> next publisher will never knew if publication is desired or not.
>
> Cheers
> Christian
>
> --
> http://www.grobmeier.de
> https://www.timeandbill.de

Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Please publish the incubator website, when did changes

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Christian Grobmeier wrote on Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 07:41:32 +0100:
> It would be better if the person who pushed a change (most often the
> status page) would also publish the website right after. Otherwise the
> next publisher will never knew if publication is desired or not.

(speaking on my experience with the www site, not the incubator site:)

Generally I skim the change and assume it's publishable unless it's
obviously spam (has never happened) or there's hunk at the top of the
diff saying "Don't publish me yet please".