Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ysoonleo <ys...@yahoo.com.sg> on 2006/02/13 09:34:29 UTC

wagon-http-lightweight: unsupported protocol

The following message was encountered when using wagon-http-lightweight extension in pom.xml.

[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-http-lightweight' could not be retrieved from repository: central due to an error: Unsupported Protocol: 'http': Cannot find wagon which supports the requested protocol: http

The version of wagon-http-lightweight is alpha 6. I have wagon-http extension working.

What could be the problem for http lightweight?

 New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 1GB free storage!

Re: wagon-http-lightweight: unsupported protocol

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
I don't think there is a problem with the lightweight wagon.

Looking at the error, I think mvn is still trying to resolve the
wagon-http-lightweight artifact into your local repository.  Try locally
building the lightweight wagon first.