Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/28 18:48:02 UTC

contrail package organisation

H,

Someone queried for the status of the contrail plugin and I noticed
that the package structure is different then the other network
plugins. The difference being that the contrail classes have
'contrail' in their package name.

1 is this intentional
2 is this going to hurt some automated plugin resolving mechanism?

regards,.

Re: contrail package organisation

Posted by Pedro Roque Marques <pe...@gmail.com>.
Daan,

On Nov 28, 2013, at 9:48 AM, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> H,
>
> Someone queried for the status of the contrail plugin and I noticed
> that the package structure is different then the other network
> plugins. The difference being that the contrail classes have
> 'contrail' in their package name.
>
> 1 is this intentional

Typically package names reflect code organization... and avoid name clashes.
I wanted to avoid the possibility of name clashes.

> 2 is this going to hurt some automated plugin resolving mechanism?

To my knowledge, the plugin resolution mechanism doesn't depend on the package name. I have not found an instance where this is a problem.

There are already plugins on the com.cloud namespaces and org.apache namespaces.

  Pedro.