Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com> on 2012/11/14 16:39:10 UTC

All in-Memory JCR including Lucene

For a variety of reasons, which perhaps did not take into account the
learning curve and lack of documentation of Jackrabbit, I thought that
it would be a good idea to use JCR for an application that runs as a
batch jobs and then vanishes taking all of its interim data with it.
An in-memory JCR should be almost as fast as a datastructure based on
Maps and Lists.  Speed is of almost no importance.
It also could be converted to using a disk if the data volumes were too
large for an in-memory solution by simply changing the repository.xml
file with no code changes.

I have almost got a fully in memory solution but am still getting stuff
on the disk.
I believe that the SearchIndex entries are the source of the hard drive
activity.

I got a working repository.xml file which I have documented in a
technical note at:
http://blog.artifact-software.com/tech/?p=168

Does it look like a well constructed in-memory configuration?

I was trying to find out the difference between what is configured as
"FileSystem" as opposed to things configured as the class in the
persistence manager.
It appeared that discussions that started out with the word FileSystem
got quickly into talking about persistence.

How do I get rid of the rest of the writing on the hard drive?

Thanks

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler