Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Richardson <ch...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/09 01:05:27 UTC

After using install:install-file for 3rdparty jar, maven2 still checks ibiblio

Hi,
 I used install:install-file to install a bunch of 3rd party jars into my
local (default) repository
But maven 2.0 insists on trying to download the dependency from
http://repo1.maven.org.
This fails of course:
 [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
 The compilation or test runs succeeds because the jars are in the local
repository.
 This doesn't seem quite right especially because they are lots of jars and
so it takes a while.
Moreover, I can't use maven in offline mode.
 What's going on?
Chris

--
Consulting - http://www.chrisrichardson.net
Author, POJOs in Action - http://www.manning.com/crichardson

Re: After using install:install-file for 3rdparty jar, maven2 still checks ibiblio

Posted by Chris Richardson <ch...@gmail.com>.
Its looking for a .pom.
 Thanks
 Chris