Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Guillermo Hinojosa <gh...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/28 16:41:10 UTC

Issue with Allen Bradley Micro820 series

Hello,
I'd like to bring to your attention an issue I had while trying to use
Apache PLC4X to read some tags from an Allen Bradley Micro820 PLC
(2080-LC20-20QWB).

The details can be found here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71453821/unsupported-case-for-discriminated-type-when-reading-tag-from-allen-bradleys
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71453821/unsupported-case-for-discriminated-type-when-reading-tag-from-allen-bradleys>

I'm aware now that these PLCs (Micro820) are hard to work with when it
comes to reading data from it. I solved my problem by cloning another
project and implementing the changes I needed. The details can be read in
my SO question.

Thank you for the hard work you have put into the PLC4X project, I'll
definitely will keep an eye on it.
Guillermo