Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com> on 2021/04/22 19:19:00 UTC

GitHub Actions discussion at builds@

Hi Cameleers,
there is an interesting discussion on the builds mailing list. From
which I'd like to share this message with you:

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-builds/202104.mbox/%3C86d8e65a-4943-cbf1-ec46-3980128b8e97%40apache.org%3E

That helps us see some interesting statistics:

https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/elek/asf-github-actions-stat/blob/master/per-project-usage-camel.ipynb

Might be worth to have a look, at least watch for trends and consider
some optimizations,

zoran
--
Zoran Regvart

Re: GitHub Actions discussion at builds@

Posted by Otavio Rodolfo Piske <an...@gmail.com>.
This is very interesting Zoran!

There are a few ideas we can apply to both Camel Core and Camel Kafka
Connector. These may be raised on separate discussions as I feel there are
pros, cons and risks to consider on each case, but overall some of the
ideas are:

Camel Core:
- With CAMEL-16400 we've separated the unit and integration tests. We could
open a discussion about changing the default action target from `verify` to
`test` so we reduce time required for checks.

Camel Kafka Connector:
- Reduce the matrix size from 3 JDKs to just 1 and move the 2 to our Apache
CI.
- Increase the "slow test" test filter.

Kind regards

--