Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Martijn Verburg <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/03 22:38:54 UTC

Status of BCEL 6.0 release

Hi all,

I had a look through the archives and noticed a conversation around early
Nov discussing getting some fixes contributed to the BCEL lib and doing a
release to support Java 8.  Is there anything I can do to help?

Cheers,
Martijn

Re: Status of BCEL 6.0 release

Posted by janulrich <an...@michlaustderaffe.de>.

Am 03.12.2015 um 22:38 schrieb Martijn Verburg:
> I had a look through the archives and noticed a conversation around early
> Nov discussing getting some fixes contributed to the BCEL lib and doing a
> release to support Java 8.  Is there anything I can do to help?

Is someone going to implement the StackMapTable attribute?
It would come in handy to have a method which creates a StackMapTable
for a given Code attribute.

Re: Status of BCEL 6.0 release

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 3 December 2015 at 21:38, Martijn Verburg <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had a look through the archives and noticed a conversation around early
> Nov discussing getting some fixes contributed to the BCEL lib and doing a
> release to support Java 8.  Is there anything I can do to help?

There are lots and lots of outsanding bugs.
However, not all of these necessarily need to be fixed immediately.

We need to triage the bugs to determine which ones have need to be
fixed for a useful Java8 release.
We need test cases for those bugs, and fixes for the bugs.

Re: Status of BCEL 6.0 release

Posted by janulrich <an...@michlaustderaffe.de>.