Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by buchnerm <ma...@gmx.at> on 2008/07/23 13:58:59 UTC

Constant load settings for acticemq.xml

Hi

I try to use activemq but I always get some issues:

I produce a load of 360 messages/sec on the "OIconveyer" Queue
and read with a camel component from this queue

first it works fine:
write (360 messages/sec)
read (400 messages/sec)

but after a while its getting lesser and lesser till its zero

and ActiveMQ throws the following error:

**********************************
WARN  AMQMessageStore                - Message could not be removed from
long term store: Java heap space
WARN  AMQMessageStore                - Message could not be added to long
term store: Java heap space
WARN  AMQMessageStore                - Message could not be added to long
term store: Java heap space
WARN  AMQMessageStore                - Message could not be removed from
long term store: Java heap space
WARN  AMQMessageStore                - Message could not be added to long
term store: Java heap space
WARN  AMQMessageStore                - Message could not be added to long
term store: Java heap space
Exception in thread "NIO Transport Thread" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
heap space
Exception in thread "InactivityMonitor ReadCheck"
WARN  AMQMessageStore                - Message could not be added to long
term store: Java heap space
ERROR Queue                          - Failed to page in more queue messages
Exception in thread "DefaultMessageListenerContainer-643" Exception in
thread "ActiveMQ Transport Server Thread Handler: nio://localhost:61616"
**********************************

I have a really powerful box 32 cpu 16 MB Ram - Sun
and the cpu load is at 7 percent

my activemq configuration is:

(I added " persistent="true" " to broker tag because I heared that this
should help something)

The problem I have that it should never happen that the jms stops taking
messages - it should store them persistent

Please need help!!!

**********************************
root@sunloaner03 # vi activemq.xml
"activemq.xml" 195 lines, 8456 characters
<!--
    contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
    The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
    (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
    the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

    limitations under the License.
-->
<!-- START SNIPPET: example -->
<beans
  xmlns:amq="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd
  http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd">

    <!-- Allows us to use system properties as variables in this
configuration file -->
    <bean
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>

    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
brokerName="localhost" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data"
persistent="true"

        <!-- Destination specific policies using destination names or
wildcards -->
        <destinationPolicy>
            <policyMap>
                <policyEntries>
                    <policyEntry queue=">" memoryLimit="1024mb"/>
                    <policyEntry topic=">" memoryLimit="1024mb">
                        <dispatchPolicy>
                            <strictOrderDispatchPolicy/>
                        </dispatchPolicy>
                        <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
                            <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy/>
                        </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
                    </policyEntry>
                </policyEntries>
            </policyMap>
        </destinationPolicy>

        <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in JMX
-->
        <managementContext>
            <managementContext createConnector="false"/>
        </managementContext>

        <!-- The store and forward broker networks ActiveMQ will listen to
-->
        <networkConnectors>
            <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->
            <networkConnector name="default-nc" uri="multicast://default"/>
            <!-- Example of a static configuration:
            <networkConnector name="host1 and host2"
uri="static://(tcp://host1:61616,tcp://host2:61616)"/>
            -->
        </networkConnectors>

        <persistenceAdapter>
            <amqPersistenceAdapter syncOnWrite="false"
directory="${activemq.base}/data" maxFileLength="1024mb"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>

        <!-- Use the following if you wish to configure the journal with
JDBC -->
        <!--
        <persistenceAdapter>
            <journaledJDBC dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data"
dataSource="#postgres-ds"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>
        -->

        <!-- Or if you want to use pure JDBC without a journal -->
        <!--
        <persistenceAdapter>
            <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#postgres-ds"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>
        -->

        <!--  The maximum about of space the broker will use before slowing
down producers -->
        <systemUsage>
            <systemUsage>
                <memoryUsage>
                    <memoryUsage limit="2048 mb"/>
                </memoryUsage>
                <storeUsage>
                    <storeUsage limit="10 gb" name="foo"/>
                </storeUsage>
                <tempUsage>
                    <tempUsage limit="1000 mb"/>
                </tempUsage>
            </systemUsage>
        </systemUsage>

        <!-- The transport connectors ActiveMQ will listen to -->
        <transportConnectors>
            <!--<transportConnector name="openwire"
uri="tcp://localhost:61616" discoveryUri="multicast://default"/> -->
<transportConnector name="nio" uri="nio://localhost:61616"/>
            <!-- <transportConnector name="ssl"
uri="ssl://localhost:61617"/>
<transportConnector name="nio" uri="nio://localhost:61616"/>
            <transportConnector name="stomp" uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
            <transportConnector name="xmpp" uri="xmpp://localhost:61222"/>
-->
        </transportConnectors>

    </broker>

    <!--
    ** Lets deploy some Enterprise Integration Patterns inside the ActiveMQ
Message Broker
    ** For more details see
    **
    ** http://activemq.apache.org/enterprise-integration-patterns.html
    -->
    <camelContext id="camel"

        <!-- You can use a <package> element for each root package to search
for Java routes -->
        <package>org.foo.bar</package>

        <!-- You can use Spring XML syntax to define the routes here using
the <route> element -->
        <route>
            <from uri="activemq:example.A"/>
            <to uri="activemq:example.B"/>
        </route>
    </camelContext>

    <!-- Uncomment to create a command agent to respond to message based
admin commands on the ActiveMQ.Agent topic -->
    <!--
    <commandAgent xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
brokerUrl="vm://localhost"/>
    -->

    <!-- An embedded servlet engine for serving up the Admin console -->
    <jetty xmlns="http://mortbay.com/schemas/jetty/1.0">
        <connectors>
            <nioConnector port="8161"/>
        </connectors>

        <handlers>
            <webAppContext contextPath="/admin"
resourceBase="${activemq.base}/webapps/admin" logUrlOnStart="true"/>
            <webAppContext contextPath="/demo"
resourceBase="${activemq.base}/webapps/demo" logUrlOnStart="true"/>
            <webAppContext contextPath="/fileserver"
resourceBase="${activemq.base}/webapps/fileserver" logUrlOnStart="true"/>
        </handlers>
    </jetty>

    <!--  This xbean configuration file supports all the standard spring xml
configuration options -->

    <!-- Postgres DataSource Sample Setup -->
    <!--
    <bean id="postgres-ds" class="org.postgresql.ds.PGPoolingDataSource">
      <property name="serverName" value="localhost"/>
      <property name="databaseName" value="activemq"/>
      <property name="portNumber" value="0"/>
      <property name="user" value="activemq"/>
      <property name="password" value="activemq"/>
      <property name="dataSourceName" value="postgres"/>
      <property name="initialConnections" value="1"/>
      <property name="maxConnections" value="10"/>
    </bean>
    -->

    <!-- MySql DataSource Sample Setup -->
    <!--
    <bean id="mysql-ds" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
destroy-method="close">
      <property name="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
      <property name="url"
value="jdbc:mysql://localhost/activemq?relaxAutoCommit=true"/>
      <property name="username" value="activemq"/>
      <property name="password" value="activemq"/>
      <property name="maxActive" value="200"/>
      <property name="poolPreparedStatements" value="true"/>
    </bean>
    -->

    <!-- Oracle DataSource Sample Setup -->
    <!--
    <bean id="oracle-ds" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
destroy-method="close">
      <property name="driverClassName"
value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
      <property name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:AMQDB"/>
      <property name="username" value="scott"/>
      <property name="password" value="tiger"/>
      <property name="maxActive" value="200"/>
      <property name="poolPreparedStatements" value="true"/>
    </bean>
    -->

    <!-- Embedded Derby DataSource Sample Setup -->
    <!--
    <bean id="derby-ds" class="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource">
      <property name="databaseName" value="derbydb"/>
      <property name="createDatabase" value="create"/>
    </bean>
    -->

</beans>
<!-- END SNIPPET: example -->

Re: Constant load settings for acticemq.xml

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
its a little hard to know what exactly is going wrong - could you send
us a junit test case please ?

cheers,

Rob

Posted by buchnerm <ma...@gmx.at>.