Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2017/12/10 10:01:41 UTC

merging MNG-6308 display packaging

is there a seconder for this enhancement?

CI: https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-3.x-jenkinsfile/
job/MNG-6308_display_packaging/

Jira issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6308

Regards,

Hervé

Re: merging MNG-6308 display packaging

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
On Sun 10 Dec 2017 at 10:06, Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> wrote:

> I still think it is ugly to use the HR for this kind of info.

I think the HR use with space *not [] is a beautiful solution

> If you *really* want this info, I'd prefer a new line, offering more space
> for additional info.

Ugh no... build log has too many lines as is

> Other option is to leave it as it is. If developers want it, they can put
> it in the name.
>
> So -1 for me.

+1 from me

> Robert
>

> On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 11:01:41 +0100, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>
> wrote:
>
> > is there a seconder for this enhancement?
> >
> > CI:
> > https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-3.x-jenkinsfile/
> > job/MNG-6308_display_packaging/
> >
> > Jira issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6308
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé

Sent from my phone

Re: merging MNG-6308 display packaging

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
How about surrounding the packaging with spaces, there's enough room and
it looks friendlier to me.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
On Sun 10 Dec 2017 at 17:12, Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 17:46:10 +0100, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>
> wrote:
>
> > Le dimanche 10 décembre 2017, 11:06:32 CET Robert Scholte a écrit :
> >> I still think it is ugly to use the HR for this kind of info.
> >> If you *really* want this info, I'd prefer a new line, offering more
> >> space
> >> for additional info.
> > yes, I *really* want this info: the precise details on how to display it
> > is
> > less important
> >
> >> Other option is to leave it as it is. If developers want it, they can
> >> put
> >> it in the name.
> > the idea is that ${project.packaging} drives the default build, before
> > additional plugins bindings: it's useful to display it as it is a key
> > info
> >

> >> So -1 for me.
> > how do you want to proceed to choose the best display?
>
> Is it acceptable to add it to the "Reactor Build Order"? It has enough
> space for this kind of information.

I’d like it in both places. ;-)

> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé
> >

> >> Robert
> >>

> >> On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 11:01:41 +0100, Hervé BOUTEMY
> >> <he...@free.fr>

> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-3.x-jenkinsfile/

Sent from my phone

Re: merging MNG-6308 display packaging