Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by alexus <ml...@db.nexgen.com> on 2002/02/23 16:01:03 UTC

logs (rotation)

Hi

I have few questions regarding rotations logs

1. when I use TransferLog inside my apache's configuration I get common type
of log, how can I switch it to combined?
2. how can I rotate error_log?
3. can I limit amount of logs?
4. those numbers.. what do they mean? is there any sequence in them?
transfer_log.1014249600 transfer_log.1014336000 transfer_log.1014422400

thank you in advance

Re: logs (rotation)

Posted by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net>.
Alexus,

1. You don't. Use CustomLog instead
2. Use pipe to rotating prog or use logrotate (assuming you're on
unix), man logrotate
3. It's the task of logrotate or any other software, not apache
4. numbers are number of sec. since epoch (1 Jan 1970)

îÁ 2002.02.23 17:01 alexus ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ: