Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Almog Gavra <al...@confluent.io> on 2019/05/01 18:24:06 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-464: Defaults for AdminClient#createTopic

Hello Everyone!

Kicking off the voting for
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-464%3A+Defaults+for+AdminClient%23createTopic

You can see discussion thread here (please respond with suggestions on that
thread):
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c0adfd2457e5984be7471fe6ade8a94d52c647356c81c039445d6b34@%3Cdev.kafka.apache.org%3E

Cheers,
Almog

Re: [VOTE] KIP-464: Defaults for AdminClient#createTopic

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.
+! (binding) on the current KIP with the builder, based on the fact that
the builder simplifies usage vs adding other constructors and is more
easily extended over time.

Randall

Posted by Patrik Kleindl <pk...@gmail.com>.
Good idea, this will prevent a couple of headaches.
Regards
Patrik

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Almog Gavra <al...@confluent.io>.