Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Rob Jellinghaus <ro...@unrealities.com> on 2001/10/31 01:55:26 UTC

JAXM questions

Why does JAXM bother having separate java.xml.messaging and javax.xml.soap packages, when in order to do anything with java.xml.messaging.ProviderConnection or javax.xml.messaging.OnewayListener, you *have* to make or use a javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage?

In other words, it looks like javax.xml.messaging is intended to be something more general-purpose than just a SOAP framework -- but there seems to be no way to use it to do anything other than send/receive SOAPMessages!

This seems broken (or at least bizarre) to me.  What am I missing here?

Cheers,
Rob