Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/08 19:48:59 UTC

Buildr 1.4.5 doesn't hounour git global config user.name/email

Hi guys,
Just figured out yesterday while making a release of Apache ODE that buildr
1.4.5 doesn't honour git global config user.name/user.email.

The settings have to be done @project level otherwise, at the time of
committing next version and tagging it fails.

By the way we use buildr dockerized container for the build.

Regards,
Sathwik

Re: Buildr 1.4.5 doesn't hounour git global config user.name/email

Posted by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com>.
Ah Darn,
Thanks for pointing that out.

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.

Posted by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Antonie,

Posted by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
Hello Sathwik,

it might well be that since you run Buildr in a Docker container, it cannot access your global git config, as it’s probably running git from inside the container.

I am interested in your docker container recipe, can you point me at it?

Cheers,

Antoine