Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brouillet Yannick <Ya...@renault.com> on 2001/02/21 12:39:41 UTC

Transforming XML into CSV

Hi.
I know how to transform an XML file into a CSV file using XSL and Cocoon,
but on the client IE 5 doesn't recognize it as a CSV file (I would like
IE5 to load the file into Excel as a CSV, or at least to propose the
Excel Icon in the icon bar).
Thank you for your help.

SV: Transforming XML into CSV

Posted by Bjarne Jensen <bh...@ruc.dk>.
Maybe this is the same thing as with PDFs and IE5. IE5 takes the URL over
the mime-type, so you have to put a fake "&fake=.pdf" in your URL. So you
just change the ".pdf" to ".cvs" or ".xls"?
Well don't know if this helps you or if I miusunderstood your question.
/Bjarne

> I know how to transform an XML file into a CSV file using XSL and Cocoon,
> but on the client IE 5 doesn't recognize it as a CSV file (I would like
> IE5 to load the file into Excel as a CSV, or at least to propose the
> Excel Icon in the icon bar).
> Thank you for your help.

do you send the right mime type ??
If you are using excel2000, try to generate directly a html file that
has as mime type vnd-excel...

Re: Transforming XML into CSV

Posted by Samuel ARNOD-PRIN <sa...@smile.ch>.