Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ranjini Rathinam <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/21 09:21:40 UTC

HIVE+MAPREDUCE

Hi,

Need to load the data into hive table using mapreduce, using java.

Please suggest the code related to hive +mapreduce.

Thanks in advance

Ranjini R

Re: HIVE+MAPREDUCE

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
Programming in Hive Text Book contains what u want . Chapter 4
Hope that will help u.

--
*Thanks & Regards*

Unmesha Sreeveni U.B
Junior Developer

http://www.unmeshasreeveni.blogspot.in/

Re: HIVE+MAPREDUCE

Posted by Jeff Zhang <je...@gopivotal.com>.
you just need to run mapreduce job to generate the data you want and then
upload the data into hive table ( create table first if it is not exists )
these 2 steps are totally separated.

Re: HIVE+MAPREDUCE

Posted by Ranjini Rathinam <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Like , for there is code for hbase in mapreduce ,(able to put data in
table,configuration for hbase ) we write code in Mapreduce,

Like wise i need for hive in mapreduce. In Hive CLI i am able to load but
need to do through mapreduce code.

Please provide any sample code .

Thanks in advance.

Re: HIVE+MAPREDUCE

Posted by Ranjini Rathinam <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: HIVE+MAPREDUCE

Posted by Ranjini Rathinam <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: HIVE+MAPREDUCE

Posted by Ranjini Rathinam <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

RE: HIVE+MAPREDUCE

RE: HIVE+MAPREDUCE

RE: HIVE+MAPREDUCE

RE: HIVE+MAPREDUCE

Re: HIVE+MAPREDUCE

Posted by Chris Mawata <ch...@gmail.com>.
If you put the sentence

Re: HIVE+MAPREDUCE

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Re: HIVE+MAPREDUCE

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@hortonworks.com>.
You can use hcatalog to write into hive tables from mapreduce.
See https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HCatalog+InputOutput .
Another example is in https://gist.github.com/thejasmn/7607406

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE