Posted to user@ant.apache.org by jpyork <jp...@hotmail.com> on 2008/04/29 18:31:12 UTC

ant and svn

Does anyone use the svn task in there ant scripts?  I am trying to use svn
update in my ant script and it just does not seem to work.

this is what I have in my script:
<target name="svn">
     <svn username="mine" password="1234">
              <update dir="http://1.2.3.4/repos/address/I/want/updated"/>
      </svn>
</target>

And this is what it says when the step is run:

Svn: Updating
update -r HEAD /Location/on/computer/running/script
http://1.2.3.4/repos/address/I/want/updated
notify.skipped

I have one master script above all my small projects and this is where I
have the target thinking that if I have it in the top level, it will grab
any updates below it.  I update and commit changes to files below the top
level and they are not grabbed.

Re: ant and svn

Posted by jpyork <jp...@hotmail.com>.
Then how would I get it to check the whole branch?  I was under the assumtion
if I pointed to the top folder, it would check everything under it, If this
is not the case what would I put for it to do this?

Re: ant and svn

Posted by Alex Miller <al...@modea.com>.

Re: ant and svn

Posted by jpyork <jp...@hotmail.com>.

RE: ant and svn

Posted by jpyork <jp...@hotmail.com>.

RE: ant and svn

RE: ant and svn

Posted by Shawn Castrianni <Sh...@halliburton.com>.
I haven't tried svn update, but svn checkout worked great.  However, I am using the pure Java svn plugin with great success.

---
Shawn Castrianni

Posted by Alex Miller <al...@modea.com>.