Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by hui li <yo...@apache.org> on 2019/12/28 16:19:02 UTC

[DISCUSS] The quarterly report of December

Hello everyone, I finished the first draft of the quarterly report. Please
have a look at the quarterly report.

## APISIX

APISIX is a cloud-native microservices API gateway, delivering the
ultimate performance, security, open source and scalable platform for
all your APIs and microservices.

APISIX is based on Nginx and etcd. Compared with traditional API
gateways, APISIX has dynamic routing and plug-in hot loading, which is
especially suitable for API management under micro-service system.

APISIX has been incubating since 2019-10-17.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. More Apache Releases and more committers act as release manager
to release a version.
  2. More committers and PPMC members.
  3. More cooperation with other Apache projects.

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None

### How has the community developed since the last report?

- We have some talks about the best practices of high-performance API
gateway on COSCon 2019, Dec 8th and OpenTalk, Dec 8th.
- We have solved the APISIX brand issues in the documentation, code,
website, etc.
- We have 13 committers and 50 contributors (including 13 committers)
contributing to Apache APISIX.
- Over 19 company users have announced that they are using APISIX and
more than 50% of them also submitted code or fixed the documentation
for APISIX :
https://github.com/apache/incubator-apisix/issues/487

### How has the project developed since the last report?

The project has been quite health, with more than 29 pull requests, 25
of them have being merged in December. These pull requests are
authored by a diverse set of contributors. We also suggest and guide
users from QQ group to make issues at Apache APISIX mailing list,
which is helpful for people who have the same issue and tracking bugs.

This month's Pull Request is mainly divided into three aspects:
- Fixing Apache APISIX bug.
- Supporting more configuration items and optimizing the experience on
Apache APISIX Dashboard.
- Supplement Apache APISIX function manual

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  - [ ] Initial setup
  - [ ] Working towards first release
  - [X] Community building
  - [ ] Nearing graduation
  - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

  Mon Nov 25 2019 (0.9)

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

At Nov 28 2019 PPMC members elected a new commiter @lilien1010 who
worked for HelloTalk.

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Mentors are responsive and helpful. Things tend to be on the right way.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes, We keep tracking podling's brand / trademarks.

### Signed-off-by:

  - [ ] (apisix) Willem Ning Jiang
     Comments:
  - [ ] (apisix) Justin Mclean
     Comments:
  - [ ] (apisix) Kevin Ratnasekera
     Comments:
  - [ ] (apisix) Von Gosling
     Comments:

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:

Re: [DISCUSS] The quarterly report of December

Posted by hui li <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi, thanks for reminding. I modified it a bit and changed it to "We have
solved the Apache APISIX major brand issues in documentation, code,
website, etc."
In addition, the 3rd of the three most important unfinished issues were
changed to "Branding issues in the documentation, code, website, etc."

details as follows

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. More Apache Releases and more committers act as release manager
to release a version.
  2. More committers and PPMC members.
  3. Branding issues in the documentation, code, website, etc.

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2019年12月29日周日 上午10:00写道:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
+1, looks good to me.