Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Will Hartung <wi...@msoft.com> on 2003/01/22 00:24:58 UTC

Non-persisting session manager for 4.1.x?

There doesn't appear to be a standard non-persisting session manager for
4.1.18, am I mistaken?

And I can't seem to configure the StandardManager to not bother.

Is it simply a matter of extending
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager and overriding load/unload?

Simply, at the moment we've already decided that our app essentially does
not care about sessions after a restart. So, I can either create a proper
class, or tweak our startup script to blast the SESSIONS.ser file before
start up.

Any thoughts and/or hints?

Thanx!

Regards,

Will Hartung
(willh@msoft.com)

Re: Non-persisting session manager for 4.1.x?

Posted by shanmugampl <sh...@india.adventnet.com>.
If you want to disable persisting session info in SESSIONS.ser for a
context, use the Manager element with empty string as value for the
pathname attribute in server.xml. Manager element should occur within
the Context element. Example configuration for examples context

<Context path = "/examples" docBase = "webapps/examples">
    <Manager pathname = "" />
</Context>

If you want disable this for all the web applications, use the Manager
element within the Host element.

Thanks,
Shanmugam. PL

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.