Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Eric Julien <ej...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/28 14:33:22 UTC

How to lock creation of a folder

Hi,

I would know how handle this problem ...

Ok when I build my stuff ... a bin folder is created (automatically) but I
wouldn't version that ... How I could restrict the creation of this folder ?

Ok I could ignore this folder ...but this operation have to done on each
client ... it's not possible to add a "rule" on server ?

Eric Julien

Re: How to lock creation of a folder

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 28, 2008, at 10:28, Eric Julien wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Marc Haisenko wrote:
>
>> On Friday 28 March 2008, Eric Julien wrote:
>>
>> > Ok when I build my stuff ... a bin folder is created
>> (automatically) but I
>> > wouldn't version that ... How I could restrict the creation of
>> this folder ?
>> >

>> > Ok I could ignore this folder ...but this operation have to done
>> on each
>> > client ... it's not possible to add a "rule" on server ?
>> >
>> > Eric Julien
>>
>> If you set the svn:ignore property then the directory is ignored
>> on all
>> clients. See the book about it.
>
> Oooo ! Ok I think the ignore ...will only ignore for an user !

global-ignores (in your client's config file) apply to any directory
but only for that user.

The svn:ignore property, on the other hand, applies only to the
directory in which it is set, but applies to all users who check out
a working copy of that directory.

See the book:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/
svn.advanced.props.special.ignore.html

Re: How to lock creation of a folder

Posted by Eric Julien <ej...@gmail.com>.
Oooo ! Ok I think the ignore ...will only ignore for an user !

Posted by Marc Haisenko <ha...@comdasys.com>.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Eric Julien <ej...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok thanks Pierre ... But I know that...
>
> But if someone use like tortoise ... and add all unversionned file (and bin
> folder by mistake) it will include and versionned. It's that I want to
> "protect" !

Then install a pre-commit hook script which returns an error when a
user attempts to add any directory named "bin".

Posted by Eric Julien <ej...@gmail.com>.