Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Peter Petersson <pe...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/25 18:09:52 UTC

How do I deploy to G:s /var/shared/lib using maven/plan directives?

Hi

I need to deploy a couple of jars to G:s SharedLib in a special purpose
server assembly build.
Is it possible to do this using maven directives or a descriptor
directive in a plan?  I guess using the maven antrun plugin could do the
trick but is there a cleaner G:way to do it ?

Anny pointers on how to accomplish this will be greatly appreciated.

regards
  peter petersson

Re: How do I deploy to G:s /var/shared/lib using maven/plan directives?

Posted by Peter Petersson <pe...@gmail.com>.
David Jencks wrote:

> On Jul 25, 2008, at 9:09 AM, Peter Petersson wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I need to deploy a couple of jars to G:s SharedLib in a special
>> purpose server assembly build.
>> Is it possible to do this using maven directives or a descriptor
>> directive in a plan?  I guess using the maven antrun plugin could do
>> the trick but is there a cleaner G:way to do it ?
>>
>> Anny pointers on how to accomplish this will be greatly appreciated.
>
> I hope you can find a way to not need the shared-lib :-)
Yes I would very much like that to ;) The problem I am facing in my
Geronimo Liferay assembly is actually how to get portlets wrapped as
Geronimo plugins in the same class loader as the liferay jars.

The approach  I have used so far has been to put the portlet plugin in
var/liferay/deploy (in G) which I have configured for liferay to scan
and preprocess berfore handling it over for hot deployment into G:s
/deploy dir (this is basically the same way the G liferay bundle is
handling it). Geronimo is then picking up the portlet jar plugin (by hot
deployment) and installs it as a system module in Geronimo and
everything looks great .... until you check things out in Liferay :)
then you will find out by looking into the "Update manager" admin tool
that your portlet  has the status of "Installation in progress" ...
forever ;( well at least liferay knows about the portlet.
I have played around with dependency settings in the portlets
geronimo-web.xml file but with no luck in getting past the "Installation
in progress" problem.

regards
  peter petersson

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.