Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Benn Mapes <be...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/04 02:40:21 UTC

[cli] Consolidating platform references

Working with the cordova-cli code I have noticed that there are lots of
repetitive platform-specific references in many of the files. I have tried
to consolidate all of these into the platforms.js file at the root of the
project. I push up this branch to apache:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-cli.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/platform-reorg

As far as I know, all the test pass on windows and mac, I haven't
physically tested every part yet to make sure this didn't break anything
but I believe not.

This change is working towards consolidating all platforms so that it's
very easy to add and remove them if needed. The ultimate goal for adding a
new platform should be to just add it to platforms.js and create a parser +
tests for it.

Please let me know what you think, if everyone is in agreeance hen I will
add this to the master2 branch.

~Benn

Re: [cli] Consolidating platform references

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
Sweet, thanks!

I think I'll omit pulling this into the 2.8.x branch and stay off until
2.9, let it bake a little. My tests pass, though, so should be good.

Posted by Benn Mapes <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.

Posted by Braden Shepherdson <br...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.