Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/24 19:45:34 UTC

quick update on last hacks

Hi guys,

just a quick update on what I hacked recently: CDi TCKs,

we are not yet done but are not better than we were:
1) current status is

Tests passed/Failed/Skipped:1411/132/14

take care some can be "false positives" if the expected result is to
fail and ew fail for wrong reason ;)

2) I started to change a lot our embedded http layer, this showed
really bruttally it is not designed for webapps (we miss contextual
data + a router more or less). Did what I was able to do but I'm not
really happy with current solution. However I managed to go a bit
further and pass few JSF CDI TCKs in embedded mode (really awesome!) -
dont understand me wrong, I never said we support JSF in embedded
mode, it relies on an Arquillian integration ATM (we could do a bit
more supporting src/main/webapp for instance pretty easily, there is a
SPI for it) and it uses really a bunch of defaults.

3) main success of this week was the ability to work on TCKs:
basically when I started we got several weird issues: out of memory -
we still use too much memory IMO but it now runs pretty smoothly
(3mn30 on my machine for the whole suite). I commented failing.xml
with some system property it is better to set to run a single test.

4) what's next: there are still some test to implement, mainly 2 categories:
a) easy ones, saw some were we don't validate some types for instance,
or pretty sure we miss some impl on openejb-http to be able to go
further - AsyncContext for instance but hopefully we'll be able to
mock/impl it in a lighweight manner to pass tests
b) weird ones: a lot of Specializing and modularization tests fail but
some of them are very weird and spoke quickly with mark not sure all
are legal
c) (yes the 3rd category of the 2 ;)): the fun ones: we'll need to
make our datasources Serializable for instance but that's not a big
deal

In any case i'd like to thank Tomitribe to have given TomEE (and me
;)) the opportunity to work on it these few days!

If anyone is motiated to enter CDI TCK work - it is really exciting to
do it at least one - don't hesitate to send a mail and we'll help you
to join us!

That said, merry Xmas everybody!

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau