Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stephen Chi Zhang <st...@viator.com> on 2004/09/21 04:30:33 UTC

Strange automatic sorting happening within MessageElement

hi all,
I came to web services with axis a few months ago, so not sure if any
fella has addressed this problem before and had the problem already
answerd( I have been searching through the axis mail list for clue
though).  The problem annoying my for quite a few days without any
breakthrought is,
I have a xsd file defining a request element containing a few sub
elements in a wanted order, ie.
<element name="SearchAndSelectResponse">
        <complexType>
               <sequence>
                        <element name="ResponseHeader"
type="sba:WSRPResponseHeader"/>
                        <element name="Basket" type="sba:Basket"/>
                        <element name="PassengerSummary"
type="sba:PassengerAgeSummary"/>
                </sequence>
        </complexType>
</element>
I created a SearchAndSelectResponse object and fully populated it with
some testing dummy data, then assigned this object into a MessageElement
pending for being sent via web services.
Surprisingly and saddly, when I open tcpmon to monitor the message flow,
I saw my message elements have been sorted out in an alphabetical order, ie.
SearchAndSelectRequest
       Basket
       PassengerSummary
       ResponseHeader
/SearchAndSelectRequest
This kind of automatic sorting is not what I want. Rather I do need
those elements are in the order their associated xsd has defined. Does
anybody have an idea how and where this sorting happens, and even better
come with a solution to fix the problem. After all, any comment and
sympathy is highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

cheers
Stephen