Posted to m2-dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2004/07/15 04:03:46 UTC

mboot/bootstrap and "exit"

Hi,

I've fixed probably 75% of the cases where a shell exists and the calling shell
script doesn't check the return code and continues merrily. I don't know if this
was an issue specific to cygwin or perhaps if it was by design?

So apart from the mboot fixes, the main addition is something like this after a
subshell:

./build.sh
ret=$?; if [ $ret != 0 ]; then exit $ret; fi

or
)
ret=$?; if [ $ret != 0 ]; then exit $ret; fi

Anyway, is it ok if I commit this, or was it intentional? This has been helpful
for me in particular because cygwin has a habit of being stubborn with Ctl-C
sometimes so its hard to stop an obviously failing build :)

Cheers,
Brett

Re: mboot/bootstrap and "exit"

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 22:03, Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've fixed probably 75% of the cases where a shell exists and the calling shell
> script doesn't check the return code and continues merrily. I don't know if this
> was an issue specific to cygwin or perhaps if it was by design?
>
> So apart from the mboot fixes, the main addition is something like this after a
> subshell:
>
> ./build.sh
> ret=$?; if [ $ret != 0 ]; then exit $ret; fi
>
> or
> )
> ret=$?; if [ $ret != 0 ]; then exit $ret; fi
>
> Anyway, is it ok if I commit this, or was it intentional? This has been helpful
> for me in particular because cygwin has a habit of being stubborn with Ctl-C
> sometimes so its hard to stop an obviously failing build :)

If it works better for ya and the integration tests are a go then go for
it!

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl