Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Szász Csaba <sz...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/22 13:27:26 UTC

[users@httpd] Proxy pass vs Redirect vs JkMount

Hi @ll,

I have a little issue on one Apache/2.0.52 server. The problem is that
there were some applications which were served by a Tomcat connector
(with jk_mod).
After this we had to implement a new ProxyPass to point "/" to a
Windows IIS SharePoint server.

The SharePoint server use HTTP authentication. The problem is occurred
when the user first visit and authenticate on https://localhost then
navigate to another application https://localhost/app1  (one which
served by Tomcat) they get an HTTP 401 code.

I assume that the browsers forward the authentication credentials to
the Tomcat server which cannot interpret it.

Current configuration (server1.com -> apache server, server2.com ->
SharePoint server)

HTTP Virtulal host config:

<VirtualHost server1.com:80>
  ProxyPass /app1 !
  RedirectPermanent /app1 https://server1.com/app1

  ProxyPass /app2 !
  RedirectPermanent /app2 https://server1.com/app2

  ProxyPass /app3 http://server2.com
  ProxyPassReverse /app3 http://server2.com

  RedirectPermanent / https://server2.com/
</VirtualHost>

=======================================

HTTPS Virtual host config:

<VirtualHost server1.com:443>
  ProxyPass /app1 !
  JkMount /app1 app1
  JkMount /app1/* app1

  ProxyPass /app2 !
  JkMount /app2 app2
  JkMount /app2/* app2

  ProxyPass /app3 http://server2.com
  ProxyPassReverse /app3 http://server2.com

  ProxyPass / http://server2.com/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://server2.com/
</VirtualHost>

=======================================

As a solution we want to separate this configurations. One part would
be dedicated only for the SharePoint server => sp.server1.com, and the
other one would serve the Tomcat applications and redirect everything
else to sp.server1.com.

What I don't know is how should I configure a redirect to serve all
/app1 & /app2 & /app3, but redirect all other request to the other
Virtual Host which take care about the SharePoint.
Basicly I don't know which directive is the "stronger" ProxyPass or
Redirect or JkMount

In the above mentioned config I would modify the:
   ProxyPass / http://server2.com/
   ProxyPassReverse / http://server2.com/
lines to:
   RedirectPermanent / http://sp.server1.com/

but I fear that this Redirect would override all the other application
directive.

All tips are warmly welcome!

Thanks in advance!

--
Üdvözlettel / Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Tsaby

These are three Bunnies.
Copy Bunnies into your signature to help them on theirs way to world domination!