Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by mo...@mail.thefriend.com on 2001/01/07 09:03:58 UTC

Single proc ->multi proc

I've got 4 new machines coming in around the 22nd.  I'll have physical
access to them for two weeks before we colo them.  Probably the easiest
way to determine mod_perl's scalability by going to multiproc on linux
would be for me to test them.  They are dual proc machines, but I can pull
a proc out of them for testing pretty easily durring the two weeks that we
have them here.
Thoughts?
recomended scripts?
methods?
As for ab being coarse,  I'm not sure I'd agree totaly with that.  It
allows a fairly good amount of control.  There is also once called
sslclient that is actually worse except it does ssl.
Scott

Re: Single proc ->multi proc

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
modperl@mail.thefriend.com wrote:

> I've got 4 new machines coming in around the 22nd.  I'll have physical
> access to them for two weeks before we colo them.  Probably the easiest
> way to determine mod_perl's scalability by going to multiproc on linux
> would be for me to test them.  They are dual proc machines, but I can pull
> a proc out of them for testing pretty easily durring the two weeks that we
> have them here.
> Thoughts?
> recomended scripts?
> methods?

You should check out the bench.pl I just posted that runs
a series of benchmarks for you.  Its at:

  http://www.chamas.com/bench/hello.tar.gz

Its takes the drudgery out of benchmarking.  Run ./bench.pl -h
for online help.

--Josh

Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA