Posted to bridges-user@portals.apache.org by Fernando Rubbo <fb...@hotmail.com> on 2008/06/16 14:32:28 UTC

Struts-bridge + WSRP

Hi all,

We have a lot of struts based apps and we need a stable and mature solution to convert them into WSRP producers. So, I have two questions:

1. If my portal server supports WSRP, can I use struts-bridge to convert my application to a portlet and then publish it as a WSRP producer?

2. I was told in openportal forum that struts-bridge does not work properly in openportal portlet container. Are you planning to solve this issue? Do you have a date planned for that?

Thanks in advance,
Fernando

Instale a Barra de Ferramentas com Desktop Search e ganhe EMOTICONS para o Messenger! É GRÁTIS!
http://www.msn.com.br/emoticonpack

RE: Struts-bridge + WSRP

Posted by Fernando Rubbo <fb...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Ate,

First of all, thank you for your response.
Second. Sorry, but I have not entered in depth in the problem.. I just was told about the problem with openportal + wsrp + struts bridge. So, I did not continue my experiments.

This is the thread in openportal furum.
https://wsrp.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=229

Thanks,
Fernando

> Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:16:14 +0200
> From: ate@douma.nu
> To: bridges-user@portals.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Struts-bridge + WSRP
>
> Fernando Rubbo wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We have a lot of struts based apps and we need a stable and mature solution to convert them into WSRP producers. So, I have two questions:
> >
> > 1. If my portal server supports WSRP, can I use struts-bridge to convert my application to a portlet and then publish it as a WSRP producer?
> Yes, that should just work as long as your Struts application / portlet really sticks to the requirements any WSRP
> produced portlet has to abide too.
>

> > 2. I was told in openportal forum that struts-bridge does not work properly in openportal portlet container. Are you planning to solve this issue? Do you have a date planned for that?
> Ugh, *which* issue are you talking about? I can't fix anything I don't know about :)
>
> However, I've had a few reports from JBoss (and recently now OpenPortal too) about problems with
> PortletWindowUtils.getPortletWindowId(), see also http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PB-77
> Maybe that is the "issue" you're referring to?
>
> This particular issue is still "open" because its a weird one which in my view just surfaces a bug in JBoss portal (and
> OpenPortal alike). That code in question (while tricky) really is 100% following the JSR-168 specs AFAIK and I'd be
> reluctant to "fix" that through a some kind of workaround just because those portlet containers are not properly
> following the specs...
>
> I've asked for follow up information but the original reporter never came back with any...
> I don't have time to debug all the other portlet containers out there and rely very much on the help of others for that.
> So, if this is your issue too, helping out yourself (by trying to determine what really goes on/wrong) is the way to get
> it resolved.
>
> Ate
>

> > Thanks in advance,
> > Fernando

Conheça o Windows Live Spaces, a rede de relacionamentos do Messenger!
http://www.amigosdomessenger.com.br/

Re: Struts-bridge + WSRP

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.