Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by MartinC <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/23 07:04:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Installation - Vista

I get the following error on installation:

Installing the Apache2.2 service
The Apache2.2 service is successfully installed.
Testing httpd.conf....
Errors reported here must be corrected before the service can be started.
httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
name
, using 192.168.0.188 for ServerName
(OS 10013)An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its
acces
s permissions.  : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
Unable to open logs
Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  14...

Got school work I need to do! Damn it!

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Installation - Vista

Posted by Francois Gingras <fr...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 3:27 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> MartinC wrote:
>> (OS 10013)An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its
>> acces
>> s permissions.  : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
>> no listening sockets available, shutting down
>> Unable to open logs
>> Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  14...
>>
>> Got school work I need to do! Damn it!
>
> Then stop the other servers currently bound to port 80 damn it!
>
> E.g... IIS is still running?  Another Apache instance?  lighttpd?

Also, Skype likes to hog port 80. Be sure to stop it (and any service
it might have) first.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Installation - Vista

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.