Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Pradeep Chhetri <pr...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/18 14:43:11 UTC

Resource Isolation per Framework

Hello All,

I am looking for ways to isolate resources per framework basis. Basically
what i want to achieve is segregating machines on which tasks from a
framework can run and having a common set of machines which can be shared
across all frameworks. So I can think of assigning one role per framework
and one role as common for all frameworks. In my case, I will be having
roles: marathon, storm, jenkins, spark & common.

>From Roles & ACLs documentation: I can see that I can assign these roles to
mesos agents and define ACLs to allow frameworks to register with mesos
master with particular roles.

I have few questions:

1. Can I configure a mesos agent to be associated with multiple roles. I
can see that there is a parameter --default-role to assign role to a mesos
slave but I am not sure whether we can pass multiple roles as value.

2. From ACL documentation, I can provide authorization to a framework so
that it can register with multiple roles like this:

   1.

    {
      "register_frameworks": [
                               {
                                 "principals": {
                                   "values": ["marathon"]
                                 },
                                 "roles": {
                                   "values": ["marathon", "common"]
                                 }
                               }
                             ]
    }

But I don't think if we can register a framework to mesos master with
multiple roles. I can see this open issue regarding this:

Can someone provide me some alternative way regarding what i am trying to
achieve.

Pradeep Chhetri

Re: Resource Isolation per Framework

Posted by Pradeep Chhetri <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hello haosdent,

Perfect, then i guess that should solve my issue. I will configure things
and see if it is working as expected or not.

Cheers.

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,