Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Homer, Tony" <to...@intel.com> on 2014/11/21 22:43:11 UTC

Support Orientation global preference on iOS: CB-6462 and CB-6182

Currently the documentation says that you can do this in config.xml:
<preference name="Orientation" value="landscape" />
But you can’t and this is logged as CB-6182.

There is a bug logged suggesting that this could be fixed in cordova-ios: CB-6462.
I commented on CB-6462 wondering if it could be fixed in CLI and Shazron suggested I ask about that here.

ios_parser.js already supports making some project settings changes based on preferences (target-device and deployment-target).
It also supports setting some properties in the plist (CFBundleIdentifier, CFBundleShortVersionString, CFBundleVersion).
It seems like it could also support updating the plist based on the Orientation preference as a way to address part of CB-6182.

Should the Orientation preference work?
Is there some other way it should be supported?

Thanks for any feedback.
Tony

Re: Support Orientation global preference on iOS: CB-6462 and CB-6182

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

As programmers we are lazy so I provided convenience links so everyone can
have more info and discuss :)

I like Tony's idea.