Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2001/04/18 20:59:12 UTC

Re: external hooks (was Re: I've started seeing 403's on proxyPass things)

Ian Holsman wrote:

> we plan on adding info to the notes table to set up things like Language, Locale,
> and if the request is a robot/spider (and some other stuff).
> we need to pass this to our application server, as extra header fields (simmilar to the
> X-Forwarded one )

As I understand it all of this information is available in request
headers anyway, all of which is available to the application server.

> the other thing we need for logging is when a redirect on the app-server gets done, we
> need to set some notes saying where they got redirected to.

This is easily calculated from the setting of ProxyPassReverse.

What exactly would the extra bits need to do? All of the info you want
seems to already be available.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon