Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Liang Zhilong <zl...@photonicbridges.com> on 2003/07/03 07:41:05 UTC

A full JDO implementation is scheduled for OJB 2.0

A full JDO implementation is scheduled for OJB 2.0. For development need,
can apache tell me when will OJB 2.0 release ?

--
Thanks
Liang Zhilong

Re: A full JDO implementation is scheduled for OJB 2.0

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
It is not yet scheduled for release =/

You can use OJB as a full JDO implementation now using it as a plugin
to Sun's JDO Reference Implementation. Right now the JDORI is not
licensed for commercial use, but based on past communications obtaining
permission to use it commercially just entails emailing Sun and asking
for one. A couple weeks ago there was some news that they were
considering changing the licensing terms on the JDORI to accommodate
commercial use but I have not heard anything come of it.

-Brian