Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Cash, Jamie" <JC...@ifdsgroup.co.uk> on 2006/03/23 14:45:01 UTC

RE: Custom Level

Apologies if this message gets posted more than once, this my first time using the mailing list, and I am trying to figure out the correct address:

I have created a custom level that works as far as logging is concerned, but is ignored when set as a threshold.

The level is defined as follows:

public class BusinessLevel extends Level
{
  //Business Level Integer Values
  public static final int BUSINESS_INT = FATAL_INT + 10000;

  //Business Levels
  public static final Level BUSINESS = new BusinessLevel(BUSINESS_INT, "BUSINESS", SyslogAppender.LOG_LOCAL0);

  /**
   * Constructor
   *
   * @param level
   * @param levelStr
   * @param syslogEquivalent
   */
  public BusinessLevel(int level, String levelStr, int syslogEquivalent)
  {
    super(level, levelStr, syslogEquivalent);
  }
}

When I set the threshold to fatal, both fatal and business errors are logged. This is correct. But when I set the threshold to business, all levels are logged.

My appender config is as follows:

<appender name="CONSOLE" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
      <param name="Target" value="System.out"/>
			<param name="Threshold" value="Business#BusinessLevel"/>
         <!-- The default pattern: Date Priority [Category] Message\n -->
         <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{ABSOLUTE} %-5p [%c{1}] %m%n"/>
      </layout>
   </appender>

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be much apprecieated.

Regards

Jamie

Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:42:01 -0000
From: "Cash, Jamie" <JC...@ifdsgroup.co.uk>
To: <lo...@logging.apache.org>

	__________________________
	I N T E R N A T I O N A L   F I N A N C I A L   D A T A  S E R V I C ES =
=20
	Jamie Cash
	Architecture Group
	IFDS House, St Nicholas Lane, Basildon, SS15 5FS
	Tel: 01268 44 3739
	email: jcash@ifdsgroup.co.uk
	_______________________________

INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL DATA SERVICES (UK) LTD Tel: +44 1268 44 3000
********************** N O T I C E *********************************

This message and any attachments is intended only for the individual or com=
pany to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential or prohibited from disclosure=
 or unauthorised use. If the recipient of this
transmission is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent respon=
sible for delivering such materials to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, any form of repro=
duction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,=20
modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message or its=
 attachments other than by it's intended
recipient is strictly prohibited by the sender. If you have received it in =
error, please notify us immediately by=20
telephone on the number above and destroy the message and all copies in you=
r possession.

International Financial Data Services (UK) Ltd is authorised and regulated =
by the Financial Services Authority.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEs=
weeper for the presence of computer viruses.