Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Roman Agapkin <ro...@swipe.de> on 2007/09/18 11:01:29 UTC

Tomcat configuration for customizing apps

Hello people,

I would like to conifgure Tomcat for developing on Alfresco CMS
(www.alfresco.com)

My problem is that i've got the application itself (alfresco.war)
in my tomcat webapps folder and my classes which extend the application
(for example some new modules)

I've got a 'dynamic web project' in eclipse configured with this tomcat
now if i start the server from eclipse i've got the option
to start the deployed alfresco app without my classes

or a new publish on the tomcat server, then he deletes
the alfresco folder in webapps and replaces it with the new alfresco
folder which contains just the classes from my eclipse project.
and of course there is no jsp pages (specially no index.jsp)

how should i configure tomcat that
- on startup he deploys the alfresco webapp
- he knows the path to my classes in eclipse project

thanx in advance.

best regards

Roman