Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "e.chan" <e....@stud.umist.ac.uk> on 2001/08/20 08:20:46 UTC

tomcat and jdbc

Hi
I am using tomcat in a win 98 environment.
I registered my db as an ODBC data source.
I have tried to go to the tomcat conf file looking for server.xml
To enable the jdbc realm to be loaded but
Tomcat is not connecting to jdbc.
Please help... I have checkd with friends with same settings as I have -
theirs work and mine doesn’t...

Can you point me in the right direction plse.
liz

RE: tomcat and jdbc

Posted by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com>.
> Hi
> I am using tomcat in a win 98 environment.
> I registered my db as an ODBC data source.
> I have tried to go to the tomcat conf file looking for server.xml
> To enable the jdbc realm to be loaded but
> Tomcat is not connecting to jdbc.
> Please help... I have checkd with friends with same settings as I have -
> theirs work and mine doesn’t...

Are your friends using the same version of Tomcat?

Have you placed the jdbc-odbc JDBC driver in your classpath or appropriate
lib directory for the version of Tomcat you're running?

- r