Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Vijayram Arya <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/14 21:56:34 UTC

Executing cgi-perl scripts on IHS

Hello,

  I am totally a newbie for IHS and mod_perl..

  I am trying to configure my IHS webserver for it to be able to execute cgi-perl scripts on Solaris 10 box..

  I am using IHS webserver which has inbuilt apache modules...  and also comes with cgi module by default...

  I kindly request anyone for a suggestion as to what should I do to make the webserver recieve the perl scripts and execute them...

  Thank you very much,
  Vijayram....

Re: Executing cgi-perl scripts on IHS

Posted by Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>.
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:56:34 -0700 (PDT)
Vijayram Arya <vi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I am totally a newbie for IHS and mod_perl..
>
>   I am trying to configure my IHS webserver for it to be able to
> execute cgi-perl scripts on Solaris 10 box..
>   I am using IHS webserver which has inbuilt apache modules...  and
> also comes with cgi module by default...
>   I kindly request anyone for a suggestion as to what should I do to
> make the webserver recieve the perl scripts and execute them...

   I'm not familiar with the IHS webserver, is it some sort of
   wrapper around Apache like WebSphere?

   But in any case, you should be able to execute simple Perl
   scripts ( without mod_perl ) on basically any webserver.  I
   would suggest looking at the IHS documentation for details
   on that.

   If IHS is just a wrapper around Apache, and you need full
   mod_perl support for performance, features, etc. then it
   shouldn't be too big of a problem to compile against the
   existing Apache ( assuming it supports DSO ).

   Frank Wiles, Revolution Systems, LLC.
     Personal : frank@wiles.org  http://www.wiles.org
     Work     : frank@revsys.com http://www.revsys.com