Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Akmal Abbasov <ak...@icloud.com> on 2015/05/03 18:58:28 UTC

org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.InvalidResourceRequestException during ResourceManager startup

Hi, I have the following configuration in yarn-site.xml,
 <property>
   <name>yarn.nodemanager.aux-services</name>
   <value>mapreduce_shuffle</value>
 </property>
 <property>
     <name>yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb</name>
     <value>256</value>
 </property>
 <property>
     <name>yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-mb</name>
     <value>512</value>
 </property>
 <property>
     <name>yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb</name>
     <value>1536</value>
 </property>

and in mapred-site.xml I have
 <property>
   <name>mapreduce.framework.name</name>
   <value>yarn</value>
 </property>
 <property>
     <name>yarn.app.mapreduce.am.resource.mb</name>
     <value>512</value>
 </property>
 <property>
     <name>yarn.app.mapreduce.am.command-opts</name>
     <value>-Xmx384m</value>
 </property>

But, when I am starting a resource manager I am getting the following error

2015-05-03 16:37:09,370 WARN org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.RMAppManager: RM app submission failed in validating AM resource request for application application_1422432138055_0002
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.InvalidResourceRequestException: Invalid resource request, requested memory < 0, or requested memory > max configured, requestedMemory=1536, maxMemory=512

By making some tests I determined that ‘maxMemory’ is related to 'yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-mb’
But what is requestedMemory=1536? I find some info on the internet, and it said that it is memory for Application Master, but as you can see, I’ve configured AM to use 512 mb in mapred-site.xml.
What is wrong here?
Thank you.

Regards,
Akmal Abbasov