Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "David M. Holmes" <da...@yahoo.com> on 2000/08/10 21:48:05 UTC

Bean instantiation question

I have some beans that implement a base type. I would like to instantiate the correct type of bean
based on the request. The following will not work, "Variable 'ws' is already defined in this
method." Is there a way to do this?

<Dave/>

rateworksheets.RateWorksheet ws;

switch ( Integer.parseInt(request.getParameter("rate")) ) {
case 0:
%>
<jsp:useBean id="ws" class="rateworksheets.LGS" scope="request"/>
<%
application.getRequestDispatcher("/rateworksheets/reports/LGS.jsp").forward(request, response);
break;
case 1:
%>
<jsp:useBean id="ws" class="rateworksheets.MGS" scope="request"/>
<%
application.getRequestDispatcher("/rateworksheets/reports/MGS.jsp").forward(request, response);
break;
}

http://invites.yahoo.com/